Saturday, September 21, 2013

Who Am I



“How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant of the weak and strong. Because someday in your life you will have been all of these”                George Washington Carver

This quote is meaningful to me because as an Early Childhood Professional, this is what I do.  This is a description of all we serve and what I have been and will be. The passion I feel is for children and their families by helping them feel wanted and successful. I try to do this by making sure the environment they come into is very warm, homey and inviting. 

In our center we had a 3 year old autistic child. She was a cute little girl. She had a round moon face and a beautiful smile. She had a ritual when she came in, she would always say hi Di to me, as she did this she would twirl around and say I ere. As she went home, she would always say, I go. She touched my heart because the 2 years she was with us, she went from a little child sitting in the corner alone, to one who would sit and play with the other children. We gave her a special friend daily. She would go to the centers and be with the kids and she would sing talk to them. This was a great learning experience for the children. 

My favorite children’s book is Silly Sally by Audrey Wood. I like this book because it is fun. The pictures are colorful and bright. I find it easy to read to children and have great interaction with them throughout the story. I like it because Sally can be silly and that is alright. This book reminds me of my 7 year old, red headed granddaughter who is always doing cartwheels – walking on her hands and being silly.



No comments:

Post a Comment