Saturday, September 28, 2013

Words of Inspiration and Motivation

Lyndon B. Johnson - 36th President of the United States








Lyndon B. Johnson(First Inaugural Address; January 8, 1964)
“This administration, today, here and now, declares unconditional war on poverty.”

“The promise of America is a simple promise: Every person shall share in the blessings of this land. And they shall share on the basis of their merits as a person. They shall not be judged by their color or by their beliefs, or by their religion, or by where they were born, or the neighborhood in which they live.”



Dr. Susan Bredekamp, Author of NAEYC’s Developmentally Appropriate Practice.
“Effective teachers are intentional in everything they do – they are purposeful, they’re playful, they know what they’re doing and they can explain it to other people”
"The fact that not only do you have to consider children as individuals, but you also have to consider children as members of groups with their own cultural identities."


Week 2 – Media Presenters

Louise Derman-Sparks
" I had a built in passion that it was important to make a real contribution in the world and to fix all the injustices that existed in the world." "So the passion to create a safer, more just world for all kids is there and suppose will be there until I die and maybe even after."

Raymond Hernandez

"I think first and foremost my passion comes from a lot of it is intrinsic motivation that I have for the work that I do. Every day, I go to work and look forward to it because I know the services that I'm providing for children it's to their benefit." I want the children to know "That there is more to life than just what is in their neighborhood."

   


          



 
                                                                              

1 comment:

  1. I really like the quotes you chose. They really help to put the career of working with children in perspective and why we do it. I particularly like the quote by Dr. Susan Bredekamp. It is very important to thing of children as individuals and not just as another one of the group. It makes their learning so much more meaningful.

    ReplyDelete